Community Reception 2022
Published: 04 May 2022
We were extremely happy to give community awards to those who have made outstanding voluntary contributions in the villages in the parish, and this year our awards were presented to June Green, Chapel Lane Action Group, Susan Towlson, Geoff Mitchell, Dave Richardson, Mike Sheard, Suzanne Sharman, Timothy Dodd-Wilson, Graham Bullen, James Young, Reg Ward, Lightwater Resilience Plan, Mike Potter, Kathryn Ludgate, Windlesham Caring, Sue Rackham, Amy Elliott, The Bagshot Big Bash Team and the Angold family.
- June Green for all her many years of outstanding and devoted service to the community.
- Chapel Lane Action Group in recognition of the huge amount of work and dedication given to the Save Chapel Lane campaign.
- Susan Towlson in recognition of all her hard work setting up the volunteer litter picking events in Lightwater.
- Geoff Mitchell in recognition of his hard work to design and install the Christmas lights in the centre of Lightwater and all his many years of involvement with Lightwater Scouts.
- Dave Richardson in recognition of his hard work to design and install the Christmas lights in the centre of Lightwater.
- Mike Sheard in recognition of all his hard work as the Chairman of the Windlesham Pram Race committee.
- Suzanne Sharman in recognition of all her hard work and dedication to the pavilion project at the Field of Remembrance.
- Graham Bullen in recognition of his many years of service to the community.
- Timothy Dodd-Wilson in recognition of his voluntary work clearing trees in Windlesham village.
- James Young in recognition of his many hours of youth work with Valley End Cricket club.
- Reg Ward in recognition of his many years of work for Neighbourhood Watch.
- Lightwater Resilience Plan in recognition of all their voluntary service during the Coronavirus crisis.
- Windlesham Caring in recognition of all their many hours of voluntary work through Windlesham Caring.
- Mike Potter in recognition of his service to the community through Neighbourhood Watch and as a library trustee.
- Kathryn Ludgate in recognition of her work through Lightwater Care.
- Sue Rackham in recognition of her long standing commitment to the Besom.
- Amy Elliott in recognition of her service to others and fundraising to help a neighbour in need.
- The Bagshot Big Bash team in recognition of all their voluntary work organising community events in Bagshot.
- The Angold Family in recognition of all their many years of service to Bagshot community.
We would also like to give a special mention to June Green who received the Parish Council's most honourable distinction- Honorary Freeman of the Parish of Windlesham.