Windlesham Parish Council was one of the first to be established under the Local Government Act of 1894 that took local government administration out of the hands of the church. It is one of the country’s largest parish councils with a population of over 17,000 residents in its three villages - Bagshot, Lightwater and Windlesham and covers about a fifth of the Borough of Surrey Heath in terms of both population and land area.
There are 18 elected Parish Councillors, some of whom are also Borough Councillors. The Parish Council Offices in Lightwater are open most days where the Council’s team of experienced administrative staff are available to help residents.
Functions of Windlesham Parish Council include, but are not limited to: